Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0088d94/board/includes/bbcode.php on line 456

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0088d94/board/includes/bbcode.php on line 456

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0088d94/board/includes/bbcode.php on line 95
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4238: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:456)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4240: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:456)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4241: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:456)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4242: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:456)
German Sim Mod Foundation • View topic - FPS issues

German Sim Mod Foundation

Da steigt jeder in die Kiste!
It is currently 29.03.2024 06:42

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: FPS issues
PostPosted: 01.09.2007 18:18 

Hi GSMF Team

Great work impressed by the 2007 PCC mod. But One problem which many people are facing is the Fps issue. I usually run my game in medium graphics and has 40 fps online with 20 cars but with PCC 2007 I get 2 fps if there is more than 8 cars. I also heard someone with a great computer have same issue.
I havent had the chance to test other stuff but will get back here to post feedback :)

Thank you :)

Post subject: Re: FPS issues
PostPosted: 02.09.2007 18:31 

yes I've had some similar issues, the new pcc mod plus the Nordschleife 2007 v2.0 track is unplayable, I guess it's time to get a new pc...

PostPosted: 02.09.2007 19:13 

Well i aint updating my pc just to play one mod. I was looking forward to this mod but whats the point if u cant play it against other people cos it is stupidly fps hungry. Even with Low Res skins on my ATi X1600 Pro cant cope with it. It plays the F1 mods better than this and u know how many polys the F1 cars have. GSMF your comments on the problem please :( i really like this mod, the sounds rule and it goes very well with the Nordschleife 2 release but i mean how can these fps problems be resolved?

PostPosted: 02.09.2007 19:29 
GSMF Scheffe
GSMF Scheffe

Comments are that we are looking for soem resolve, but i honestly say:

The PCC Mod is made for the next generation PC Hardware! U know shurly that PC hardware change very fast! Tomorrow are inventions from today outdated.
Everyone ask for better details and better graphics. This costs hardware...

If we would make our mods for the oldest machine out there, than we would have SCGT Quality...

What i try to say is: This is qality and quality has it´s price. That´s life.

We do our best that th emod runs an all machines, but this have it´s limits.

Perhaps we have a patch soon with some different things that would be better on low end machines

PostPosted: 02.09.2007 19:40 

i see what your saying Fonsecker but ive heard of people with Nvidia 8800's having this mod not perform as well as others do. Im not saying this mod isnt good because it is and its probably my favourite mod for rFactor cos of the fact i love Porsches but its just a bit of a shame that i cant play it as well as i'd like.

PostPosted: 02.09.2007 20:14 
GSMF Scheffe
GSMF Scheffe

Trebor901 wrote:
i see what your saying Fonsecker but ive heard of people with Nvidia 8800's having this mod not perform as well as others do.

This is one thing i also don´t understand! Cause i have an 8800GTX card and i don´t have any problems, even with 30 or 40 cars. And i am not a hardware guru! Just some drivers installed and it works!

PostPosted: 02.09.2007 20:22 

Well i hope you can sort out the problems cos this mod is very fun to drive and i know a lot of work has gone into getting it to this stage. Well done with it :)

PostPosted: 03.09.2007 18:28 

I agree with fonsecker, the pcc mod and the champcar mod are just the start of what's comming, we're moving into a new generation of better graphics and damage models, and I've had a good run with my pc but it's time to upgrade. I can't play much of anything that's comming out nowdays so I can't blame GSMF or anybody, I just have to get new hardware if I want the new goodies, that's life every 3years, it's time for upgrading.

Thanks GSMF for a great mod and I'm sure I'll appreciate it even more once I upgrade. :rockit

BTW I can play online with 20 cars but it depends on the track and day-night settings, just have to lower everything down...

PostPosted: 03.09.2007 19:51 

Right earlier i went into the .mas file of this mod and i extracted all the textures to a temp file. I then halved the size of the larger textures and then i repacked them into the .mas and set off ingame. I can now play the mod with 16 cars on ultra graphics with it doing around 80fps where as before i could only get around 6 fps with those settings. I dont know whether the response from GSMF will be good about this so i wont upload it unless there is a good response

PostPosted: 03.09.2007 20:05 

@Trebor901 can you upload the file to rapidshare please, :anbet